- Dates: Thursday, May 31st - Friday, June 1st, 2018
- Times: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Location: Walmart Auditorium in the Shewmaker Center for Workforce Technology, NWACC Campus - 1000 SE Eagle Way, Bentonville, AR 72712
- Discuss the impact of child abuse on a victim's sense of spirituality.
- Receive concrete suggestions for working with medical and mental health professionals to assist a child in coping with maltreatment.
- Learn about child protection policies for faith-based institutions, including situations in which a convicted sex offender seeks to join a congregation.
- Receive an overview of research on the effectiveness and risk factors associated with corporal punishment.
- Review various child abuse case scenarios and participate in a facilitator-led discussion on appropriate and inappropriate responses.
Who Should Attend:
- This course is designed for clergy, chaplains, youth ministers, faith leaders, counselors and other members of the faith community who may work with children or families impacted by child abuse.
- Morning and afternoon snacks, boxed lunches and beverages will be provided.
- $50 per person